Margie Levy, Certified Birth Doula
Serving the Greater Los Angeles Area Since 2002
*Please provide your due date, name of your care provider, where you plan to give birth, and the area in which you live.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Comfort Measures used in Labor:
- Alternate positioning to help labor progress and relieve discomfort
- One free interview: This is a chance for you to get to know who I am and to see if you feel I can be of help to you.
- Comprehensive prenatal visits to discuss birth choices, options, comfort measures, and your particular needs. We will also discuss postpartum concerns and breastfeeding. I am also a CLE (certified lactation educator) and I provide extensive support in the area. This is the time to bring up any questions no matter how trivial you may think they are.
- Unlimited phone support before, during, and after the birth.
- Your own birth ball to keep.
- A hypnosis audio file that I have made specifically for women facing childbirth. It is an excellent tool for birth preparation and to aid in relaxation.
- Labor support begins at home in early active labor and then continues at the hospital or birth center if not delivering at home. It continues until about 1-2 hours after delivery. Doulas are usually the only continuous support you will receive throughout your labor and delivery.
- Whenever possible, I help mom and baby establish breast feeding.
- I also offer an optional postpartum visit at no additional charge to address breastfeeding and other postpartum concerns.
- Options: You are free to customize your services. There are no services that you must accept. If there is anything that you don't see mentioned above, please feel free to ask me if I can provide it for you. Remember, I want to do this your way.
- About birth stories: This is not my story to tell - it's yours! If requested in advance, I will provide a timeline of the primary details of your birth without editorializing as I do not want to impact your own memory of the birth. It's not my place to decide what is negative or positive, but I can record events and their times. Should you want this for your birth, please know that this can be difficult if your needs in labor require my full attention. Your immediate needs in labor are my priority. All of the details that I would provide, can also be found in your medical records and those can always be accessed by requesting them from your hospital or homebirth midwife.